I know it's been a really long time since I've wrote anything or even looked on blogs so I thought it was about time to update. Sorry it will be kinda long....
Well, in the end of January we took a wonderful trip to Arizona for Kyle's birthday since we weren't able to go for Christmas. Greatfully, since we have such a perfect baby, Maelie did wonderfully on the plane and pretty much just slept. Everyone through the airport kept telling us what an adorable girl we had and I just can't help but agree with them! :) One guy even commented to Kyle that he was a GREAT baby maker...Lol! :)

While in AZ, we got to visit with all Kyle's family, including our lovely new neice, Layla who is only 3 weeks older than Maelie. It was fun seeing the things Layla was doing and knowing that Maelie would soon be doing them too. There were sometimes when I'd look at them and they looked absoluetly alike you could tell they both got a good mix of Crane in them. Layla is such a cute baby and fun to listen to...a LOT louder than Maelie. :) We got to play the WII with Hilly, Kels, Dad, and Ashley. And Kyle's favorite, he got to go shooting with them...I'm not a huge fan of guns so I optted to stay back with Mom and Maelie at home.
Also while there, we were able to visit with my Freestone Grandparents a few times, and I was sooo excited to get to! They got to see Maelie for the first time and she was even being her usually happy smiley self most of the time. She's just such a people person and laughs and smiles at everyone. We even got to be there on Grandma's birthday and have a BDay breakfast with her. One of the times, we met them and Robert, Bridget, and Breena at El Charros since Kyle's family just HAD to try it! El Charros is the BEST!! Breena is absolutely adorable and sooo chubby! She was super smiley the whole time we were there and talking up a storm!

It really was Such a nice vacation and I LOVED being able to visit with everyone and stay with Kyle's family for his BDay. We even got to go to Ashley and Don's house in Maricopa to be there for Layla's baby blessing. I'm a little jealous of there beautiful house and can't wait till we can get in one! Being there actually made me want to move back to AZ, which is something I thought I'd NEVER say seeing as I hate the heat so much. But it was really be fun for us having Maelie to be around so many other couples in our stage of life and for me to get to be closer to my familiy on Kyle's side. Not to mention, getting to visit with my Freestone Grandparents a lot!...Who knows maybe moving back will be somewhere in our future?

That week we got back, all of my Aunt Jeannie's family started coming into town for Michelle's wedding to Chad! It was a crazy week of LOTS of noise, people, and activities, but SOOO fun! It's been a long time since I've seen my cousins: Sheena and her two kids Payson and Sadie, and Kyra and her new baby (about a month older than Maelie) Lydia, and Lynnae, Royce, and Cody. We even got to have Kyra and Lydia stay with us one of the nights, which Kyra and I ended up talking half the night away! :) I only wish my cousins' could have stayed longer or that they could live close like Shannon and Preston....at least we have those two here! Michelle's wedding was sooo beautiful and so special to be able to go to the temple with her! Her reception and lunchin was also Gorgeous. They really make such a perfect couple and I'm soooo happy for them!
Well, that's the basics of what has gone on the past while. More recently, the last few weeks Maelie has been sick and now I am just getting over it too...well trying. We finally gave in and got her checked at the doctor's, when a blessing and lots of Pineapple juice didn't cure her right away. We found out Maelie has Bronchitus and probably a mild case of RSV, poor thing. She's just been so stopped up and was coughing so bad she kept throwing up. The Dr said there really wasn't a whole lot to do but to keep a humidifier in her room and keep her nose cleared out the best I can. She really is starting to do better though...she's not coughing near as badly, but the Dr did also recommend we keep her in for the rest of winter, so at least the rest of this month probably, even from church. I hope she gets all the way better soon...its so sad having a sick baby and not being able to do much to help them other than hold them. I know that Heavenly Father will heal her though and this will only make her stronger. He has blessed us with SOOO much: family, friends, the gospel, etc...and especially little Maelie. I am SOOO very thankful! Life is going pretty well!
Later, we saw Jared, Cheyenne, and Cage. I can't believe how big Cage is getting! What a CUTTIE! He wanted to sit and hold Maelie, and kiss her for quite a while. I think he kinda thought maybe this little baby was his "new" sister, whom everyone had been telling him was on the way! :) That was so fun to see them and visit for a bit.
After, we met two of my BESTEST friends from Highschool, Shannon and Rachel and Rachel's little girl, Anna, who was also SOOO cute! It was SOOOO wonderful seeing them again, especially since it's been years since I've been able to hang out with them! I'm SOOO excited for Shannon, who is expecting her first baby after LOTS of prayers and struggle....I KNOW she and Aaron are going to be AWESOME parents!
Anyway, after getting home life kept us pretty busy! We have hung out with 'Aunt' Rachael and 'Uncle" Milan a few times. Since they decided to ditch us in May and leave to Colorado, we have to get all the hanging out time in that we can. I'll be SOOO sad when they leave! So will Maelie, she just loves Aunt Rachie and smiles and laughs with her all the time! We found out a few weeks ago that Kyle's cousin, Tariel is ENGAGED! Not only that, but his Aunt Janaly is pregnant with her second baby! Such WONDERFUL news! I'm so excited for them both!

7 comments:
YAY I love your post! I love Maelie and Layla! They definitely look alike!
I love all the pictures. You sure were busy. I like the new background too :)
Tonya your little babe is so cute! Well have to get together again and let the girls play.
I think I agree with thoe people at the airport. But with both of you, what great baby makers:) She is so cute. I wish I could have spent more time with you and everyone when I was down there. I think I will make another trip soon because Bradley is on the road so much and I have nothing better to do so hopefully I will see you soon.
Love the pics! You have to keep them up since I won't see you so often in the near future :(
I think you should move back to AZ! Just remember about AC and swimming pools! I love Arizona!
I miss you guys! how was the trip how are the in-laws?
Post a Comment