Well this was quite the exciting weekend for us. We had the honor of blessing our sweet little Maelie Rose. We couldn't do it during church since we had ward conference, but we still held it at our ward building at 6:30 that night with a HUGE family dinner following. It actually was probably good that we had it later since we had around 60 people there...almost entirely family too! It really was soooo wonderful having so many there to support us. I feel so blessed to not only have been born into a wonderful family, but to have married into one! They are all soooo amazing and close and I love everyone of them sooo much! Thank you again for being there!!
As for the blessing weekend, Mom and Dad Crane were able to fly up Friday night so Kyle, Maelie, and I met them at Grandma and Grandpa Crane's and let the proud grandparents, great grandparents, Aunt Rachie and Uncle Milan, Great Aunt Janaly and Uncle Mike and Kirkland hold, see, and visit with Maelie. We also just had to play a good long round of the Bean Game/Bohnanza before we left....Now that is an addicting game!
Saturday Kyle had to work from 11-3 so I took Maelie to visit with Grandma and Grandpa Rowley and her Great Rowley Grandparents who are from Idaho. Then we met up with the Crane gang at the Hatch's for dinner, Crown Burger of course...YUMMY!, and to visit and talk with the little Princess again.

Then came the big day, Sunday! Kyle and I hurridly got ready and headed over to the Crane's again. Of course that was after trying about 3 or 4 different outfits and Maelie who apparently had a growth spurt and just doesn't fit into half her 0-3 month clothes anymore...she's not even 2 months yet! We made it over there and decided to just got to Sacrament meeting with the family and THANKFULLY were able to find a last minute sub for our 8-9 year old Primary class. The men got to watch part of the football games and us women got a chance to talk about girly things. ;) Finally we all drove over to Alpine and met at our Mountainville 3rd ward building and got things ready and met all 50+ people.


The blessing was just sooo beautiful, I ended up crying all through it, not only because of the spirit and the beauty of the words said, but because of the overwhelming feeling of love I felt from all our WONDERFUL family and friends support group! My dad said the whole blessing, even though she was sooooo hungry, Maelie just stared and smiled at him. Later when we took her home she kept finding the pictures of Jesus in our house and just stared and smiled at them...I know she definately is closer to the spirit than I am! What an ANGEL!
Afterwards, we had a delicious dinner provided by everyone...Thank you all SOOO much! It really was fun to visit and see everyone. After we all left, Kyle, Maelie, and I went home exhausted and in Maelie's case STARVING! But after she ate she was all smiles so I decided to try for some pictures of her in her blessing dress I had spent so many hours making. I think she is just so perfect and beautiful in it too! Her smile just melts my heart! I just love this little girl so much!
If anyone has more pictures of this night, I'd really apreciate it if they would send them to me. And when I get the ones I took with my parents camera, I'll try to post those. Thank you!

5 comments:
You have such a beautiful baby and I love that dress!!!
Her dress is so beautiful! I am so glad you and your family is doing great. I wish I could come and she her but it will have to wait until the summer. You are amazing! I love you girl! Kat
Sooo precious!
She is so sweet and adorable. That dress is beautiful. Did you make it? Wow.
Oh wow! That dress is amazing! And what a cute girl...she is one of the cutest baby girls EVER! (Of course, I have to say "one of" lol...) I'm glad you found my blog! Jen and I were talking about going to Farm Country next week...it's supposed to be 60 degrees outside! Yahoo! finally!
Post a Comment