Kyle and Tonya Crane

Daisypath

Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Life in AZ





So we are officially moved to Chandler, Arizona in the 100 degree weather! It's really not so bad if you stay in side during the day or go swimming, which Maelie and I have done several times so far. Quite a lot has happened since last posting, so I probably won't remember everything. So kyle was about to be let go from his Wells Fargo Job so since we already had the time scheduled off to go to Arizona for my families spring break, we decided to just move that week so we could have my families help getting down there. It was kinda last minute so I ended up having to get everything pack in a hurry. Thanks to Jen, our AWESOME ward, Rachie, and my family we were able to get all moved and down to AZ safely. Our car was a bit tired though cause it ended up dying at a gas station in Flagstaff and we had to ask someone to jump it, but before and after that it did just fine and still is.


Since the whole family was all in Arizona, Chelsea decided to go thru the temple for her first time in the Mesa, Arizona temple. She recieved her mission call to Tampa, Florida a few weeks back and actually just left last Wednesday. She was so excited to get to go to a warm place! We were so glad we were able to go through with her and see all our family we haven't seen in a long time. It was SUPER hard to see my family leave though, especially watching them with Maelie and knowing they weren't going to get to see Maelie very often anymore...it still makes me sooo sad to think about that.


Well, after they left back to Utah, I finally got "moved" in. We are staying with Kyle's family for a while till we can figure the job and housing stuff out so I didn't really unpack much. I'm so incredibly thankful they are allowing us to stay here for a while and helping us out. We've had a few prospects, but haven't found the right one yet. We do have a couple things that should be opening up within the bank Kyle's dad works at that Kyle should be able to get pretty easily since he's worked there before and they all liked him very much there. So I'll continue to try to keep everyone updated about this.


About a week and a half after we moved down here, we actually ended up going back up to Utah for 5 days. Kyle's brother-in-law, Milan, was graduating from BYU and this would be the first time in a while and the last time in who knows how long the whole family would be together, so Kyle's dad really wanted us to be there. I was thankful to go since I not only got to see everyone again, but I also got to be there for Chelsea's "farewell" talk in church. I'm really going to miss you Chels, but I know you are going to do great! I'm sorry for those I didn't get to see while we were there, it was kinda a busy, last minute, quick trip. I'm sooo sad we won't be able to be there for Kyle's cousin, Tariel's, wedding, but at least we got to see this last time!


As far as more recent things, Mother's day was pretty special this year since I am actually a real mother this time! Kyle and my father-in-law really put a lot into it too make it special for all three of us mothers in this house...me, my mother-in-law, and my sister-in-law Ashley. They made a big breakfast, lunch, and bbq dinner for us that was sooo delicious! Kyle got me this napkin oragami book, which sounds wierd, but it is something I have actually wanted! I love doing things like that and it shows all kinda of cute designs you can make, ex...baby booties, shirt and tie, santa clause, a heart. We all got Mom Crane a beautiful picture frame for our new family photos we took while in Utah. And I made my Mom a scrapbook photo album of Maelie which I actually got done in time to mail to her! She thought it was funny cause she happened to be making the same thing for Maelie of them so she wouldn't forget them! I miss you all!! One of the "down" things of mother's day was having to prepare a talk and speak in Sacrament meeting, that's just mean to make a mother speak on Mother's Day! :)



Anyway, Maelie is REALLY growing soooo fast!! She eats all kinda of things now, rice cereal with formula, carrots, sweet potatoes, apple sauce, squash, bannanas, green beans, pears, yogurt, and all kinds of juices, and she still nurses wonderfully! She is such a great baby. She has always wanted to stand when you hold her since she was just a few weeks old, but now she can do it if she's holding on to the back of the church bench. She also can sit up for a REALLy long time by herself and rolls and scoots ALL over the floor. As of today she just learned to really army crawl across the floor and can scoot backwards pretty good. She even does real MAN pushups...she gets up on her toes and hands and holds it for a couple seconds! We are starting to really have to watch her to make sure she doesn't get cords and things she isn't supposed to cause she is really getting around now! She is such a doll and loves to play with all kinds of toys and things! I am SOOO thankful I have her! She is such a good little girl and is soooo happy all the time. She likes to stay active unless it's almost time for nap or bed and then she's very cute and cuddly. Everyone here is constantly commenting on her variety of facial expressions...she just has sooo many!



Anyway, I think that's pretty much everything in a nutshell so to speak. Life is a little crazy, but I know that things will get better soon. I know that my Heavenly Father knows our situation and is ready to help us in the way that we need help. Kyle and I are learning so much about ourselves and our relationship in the process, so maybe that's why we are going through this right now. I'm so thankful we have such a wonderful family and friends support system and we love and appreciate everyone of you! Please keep us in your prayers! We love you!

1 comment:

Angie said...

So good to hear how you guys are doing. I am SO relating with you on leaving family...and feeling sad that they won't get to be around my girls like they are used to. They will miss so many fun things! But I know there is a reason why we are moving...
Good luck with finding a job. I'm sure it won't be long!