Welp we made it past the 1st year mark! YAY! :) Not that I had any doubts or anything. Anywho, we decided since we are not exactly loaded with money that we would just spend it near by so we went to good old Salt Lake City. Luckily Kyle was even able to get both jobs off for Thursday and I happened to have this week off work and we spent the morning 'shopping', more like looking, at Gateway Mall and used our gift card from Christmas to see The Dark Knight...AWSOME movie by the way! It really makes me sad that Heath Ledger died though, he was totally the best actor in the movie! Some people told us it was a little dark, but I really didn't think it was too bad because the joker kept laughing and cracking silly jokes...that definately helped...but I'm sooo glad we saw it in the middle of the day! Anyway...after the movie and a quick lunch we headed for the Sheraton Hotel, which thanks to Priceline.com we were able to get a great deal, and we went swimming....well actually we had to find a walmart first to buy something to swim in since I am apparently making it a tradition to buy new swim wear once a year at this time (I forgot the swim stuff on our honeymoon to the beach too :) wups... For dinner we tried the restaurant The Red Iguana....GREAT MEXICAN! A little different from Arizona mexican that I love, but probably the closest I've found up here to it...It really was awesome!
Incase anyone wants to try it out its just on the other side of the freeway from the temple on North Temple road...across from Leatherby's. We got to end the night watching the fireworks from our hotel...how romantic! ;) It was really a GREAT little vacation and badly needed right now too!
7 years ago

3 comments:
Congrats Tonya!! It sounds like you guys had a good anniversary!
This is crazy Tonya. Guess what we did for our 1 year anniversary (3 years ago). We went to Salt Lake and went to the Red Iguana. We were looking for something that compared to AZ Mexican food. How bizzare!
That is funny! Guess us Arizona people think alike...Kyle is also from AZ. :) Did you like The Red Iguana? I didn't think it was quite as good as AZ Mexican, but it was closer than most.
Post a Comment