Kyle and Tonya Crane

Daisypath

Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Preggo Update...

I'm posting these pictures of our nursery with our update...
K so I really though our little girl was coming a whole two days ago, but she is still insisting on teasing us. I know some of you know some of what's been going on, but I'm just going to update it on here since everyone keeps asking. :)
Basically on Sunday morning around 7 I started to have really regular contractions every hour and by that night I was having them every 6 Min's. We thought I was going to be going to the hospital, however I sat down for a little bit without getting up to walk at all and they suddenly got to be closer to 10-15 Min's apart. So I was up most of the night anxiously waiting, but nothing really happened. By Monday morning though, the contractions had begun again getting close and got all the way to 5-7 Min's apart and pretty strong. After calling the Dr and being told to, my parents and I headed for the hospital, with Kyle quickly leaving work to meet us, only to be told I was still only dilated to a 1 and effaced 70%. We walked around the hospital for an hour trying to see if it would help dilate me any more, but were sadly sent home after no change.

Needless to say, I was quite depressed and VERY tired after so little sleep! My contractions were still coming, but I was able to sleep that night out of pure exhaustion and because they slowed down when I layed down.

Anyway, Tuesday, I again was having contraction pretty close together and even more painful...I could hardly walk or talk through them. This time we were all pretty sure this just had to be it! We insisted on being checked at Dr first and after seeing how I was through a contraction and checking me, the Dr. even thought this could very well be it and told me I was dilated to 1 1/2 and still 70% effaced, but if I kept walking maybe in a few hours if they got to be 5-7 mins apart to go to the hospital. We really were soooo excited this might actually be it for real this time!! Well a few hours later they got down to 4-5 mins apart and still VERY hard and 6 mins apart when I was sitting, so we rushed to the hospital! Shockingly, I was still the same! We couldn't believe it! How are we even supposed to know when the real thing is happening? We stayed for an hour, but still things were the same and we eventually were sent home. If I could just dilate to a 2 or 3 the dr said he would break my water, but this baby is just being too dang stubborn!



Anyhow, we were pretty sad about this and really confused about when we really should go for real, but after praying, I know that things will happen when they are meant to and not necessarily according to my schedule. She's got to come out sometime, right? :) I'm still praying she comes this weekend or at the very most before Thanksgiving, but I know it's even more important she comes when she is ready to. I just would prefer to have her here and have me somewhat recovered when Kyle's family comes up on Monday so we can spend the time visiting and letting Grandma and Grandpa and Aunts hold our little one, rather than waiting in the hospital or worse...not even getting to see her before they go home again.

Well, so that's the detailed update...sorry if it's too many details, that's just how I write. :) I'll definitely write again once she's here and things settle down a bit. For now we just get to continue on with the waiting and praying game and trying to convince her to decide now is the right time to come! :)

6 comments:

Shannon said...

Oh Tonya! I was so hoping you would have it to! I hope things work out the way you want them to!!

The V-Rod's said...

Well looks like you are ready! We just have to wait for the princess now. They do say, "Girls have their own time." I love you and I can't wait to see her. Kat

Jason and Ronda said...

I hope she comes soon!! I have been checking your blog daily. Oh and by the way my husband and I actually live downtown SL I meant to tell you that a while ago, so we will definatally have to get together and double or something. that would be a lot of fun! And are the Crane's coming here over Thanksgiving? I would love to see them again. It's been FOREVER!! Tell them hi for me. And let me know when the little one is coming!

Clarissa B. said...

aww i'm so sorry! I thought for sure she would be here by now! Good luck! and the nursery is So cute!

Reisner's said...

I herd about that! That can get so frusterating waiting. Good luck with everything. Also I really want to see some prego pictures of you! So hurry before that baby comes.

The V-Rod's said...

It is Kat & Reubs we had to change our blog address.