Kyle and Tonya Crane

Daisypath

Monday, December 8, 2008

Maelie Rose Crane


Well, she is FINALLY here! Maelie Rose Crane came into this world on November 28th, 2008 Friday, at 11:34 pm. I went into the American Fork Hospital at 7 am and after being enduced with gel a couple times finally went into hard labor. After feeling very intense pain for about 20 mins, I gave in and asked for an epidural. 45 mins after the pain had begun I was at last able to relax again...at least until the real contractions began, about an hour after the dr. broke my water. I ended having another two doses in the epidural and yet it still either wore off or the pain was just too strong even for that. Dr. Bean finally after over an hour of pushing, had to do an epesiotomy because Maelie just was too big and I literally had no strenghth whatsoever to push any more. So at last, after 16 1/2 hrs Maelie Rose Crane joined the world! Weighing 9 lbs 3 ozs and 21 inches long, she had to be wisked away with Daddy following, to the NICU because she was just struggling so much to breath she could hardly even force out a tiny whimper. During the pushing I also had run out of oxygen and her heart rate had been dangerously decreasing, luckily after placing an oxygen mask on me and turning to my side, we were able to fix that. I was so worried about my girl, but was also in a lot of pain since the epidural really wasn't working I could feel when he had cut me and also was able to feel most of the stiching and other things they had to do to clean me up. Finally, I was at last able to eat something and go down to see my baby! They had taken some x-rays and said it looked like she may have pheumonia in her left lung so they had to keep her in the NICU. It made me SOOO sad seeing her hooked up to the tubes, but they did allow mine and Kyle's dad to come in and give her a blessing. Honestly I really believe that is what cleared up the pheumonia so fast. By Sunday Morning, they checked her again and said everything was completely cleared up and she was doing fine! They originally were going to keep her till Monday morning or afternoon, but because she seemed to be doing so well, we were at last able to take her home Sunday evening around 5!!
Other than being VERY sore and having a hard time getting around or even sitting for this last week, things are really getting better! I LOVE LOVE LOVE being a mom and having this little angel FINALLY with us! She is worth every single thing I had to go through and worth every penny! She really is such a happy and good little girl...doesn't really cry much and sleeps A LOT! My family all have contests to see who can actually wake her up and get her to stay awake because she is quite the deep sleeper. I'm soooo thankful to be a mother and to have such a wonderful, loving husband who takes good care of us both. I'm also VERY thankful to have such wonderful family...BOTH sides...who are willing to do anything for us and have helped us out so much just by being there for us! Thank you EVERYONE who had helped us out, we GREATLY appreciate it!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Tonya! She is so beautiful. I must admit that your labor experience gives me the willies... but I am glad to hear that no matter what happens, it will be worth it. I am just a few days away from the 30 week mark and before we all know it I'll get to join you in the ranks of motherhood! AH! How does life go so fast? LOVE YOU!

Dave and Jodi said...

Hey I don't know if you remember me or not I was on the institute ballroom team with you!! Congratulations what a beautiful baby!! Its alot of work huh?!! Your labor sounds alot like what I went through, its quiet an experience but way worth it!! I am so happy for you.
Jodi

Tiffany Floyd said...

What a sweet little baby girl. And I feel so privileged to be her "unofficial" aunt. I can't wait to meet her. Motherhood truly is the absolute greatest! Love you Ton Ton!

Amber Bryce said...

I'm so excited for you! Wow, your story almost made me cry because it reminded me of my C-section in which the anesthesia didn't work. It was unbelievably painful, but at least I didn't have to go through the labor and pushing first! It took me awhile to forget the pain enough to consider having another one. I'm glad things are going better for you. Maelie is adorable. They are worth it all, aren't they?Congratulations!