7 years ago
Saturday, August 30, 2008
Making Salsa Adventure!
So I discovered something that I'm rather shocked I never knew before....did you know that Jalepennos (spl?) can burn your skin? Yeah, so I had no idea even though I have made salsa once before. Anywho, my mom decided to pick about a 5 gallon bucket of tomatoes and then flew off to Arizona and informed me I had to make salsa with them all! (ALso this was just the day after I had spent a few hours making cinnamon rolls and was asked by Kyle to make about 2-3 more batches for all his co-workers!) Considering I've only actually made salsa once a REALLY long time ago, it was quite the adventure...and mess!! We had to make around 8-9 blender-fulls of the stuff and had to taste each batch about 5 times to get it right. Other than being too full for dinner, sick of salsa for the day, and burning my hands....I'd say it turned out really well! :) At least that's what everyone says who tastes it. Don't worry too much about my hands though...it only burned like they were on fire for about 12-24 hrs....by the next morning though it only burned when I held on to something or kept my hands closed. The funny part is when you look online for help, everything just says to make sure you wear gloves....a little late for me though! :) I found an even better solution though, next time Ill just let Kyle have all the fun! :) His hands were fine after touching them....go figure! :) I think I want to stick to the cinnamon roll business....a lot less dangerous!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Oh my word that salsa was amazing!!! I am actually craving it so so bad right now!! It was so good!! i am so sorry about your finger!! Thats horrible!! I know crazy I finally somewhat figured out how to do this blogging thing!!! It has takin me like all day!!! But thanks for the comment!!!! Love you Tawn!
Wow, I want to try some of that though. Knowing the way you cook I am sure it tastes good but sorry your hands hurt. Your slide show is cute. Is that all at Thanksgiving point and how much is it to go there?
Tonya!! wow it has been forever- i'm so glad you found me on facebook, cause now we can be blog friends!! i didn't know you got married- or that you are pregnant!! that is great!! hope life is good for you.. it'll be fun to keep up...
Post a Comment